Since Just Kidz Dentistry opened, our dentists and team have been placing patient safety and comfort at the top of our list of priorities, and our infection control measures have only increased since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to the precautions recommended by the American Dental Association® (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), we have taken extra steps to ensure our office is a secure environment you and your child.
When You Visit Our Office…
When you and your family visit our office, you can expect to encounter the following new health protocols:
- Pre-screening patients: Before your appointment, one of our team members will go over our pre-screening COVID-19 questions with you. We will also ask these questions when you come in for your appointment to make sure there have been no changes to report.
- Limiting appointments: We are limiting the number of people that enter the building and ask that only one parent or guardian comes with the patient to their appointment. If you are comfortable, we may also ask you to wait in the car until the end of their appointment, and we will contact you when that appointment has ended.
- Requiring face masks: We ask that all visitors to our office where a face mask unless actively being treated.
- Simplifying our reception area: We have removed items from our reception area that are difficult to clean and sanitize thoroughly. These include children’s toys and all magazines.
- Social distancing: We are scheduling our appointments to allow room between patients for proper social distancing.
- Installing air purifiers: We have installed air purifiers throughout the office which we will be running during the day. Though they may be noisy, these purifiers feature HEPA 13 filters and are designed to remove 99.9% of air particles.
- Increasing team protection: Our team has also increased their own personal protective equipment (PPE) for you visit. We have included respirators and face shields with our typical patient drapes and suction equipment, and all team members will be screened on a daily basis.
These precautions are in place to protect the health of our team members and patients, but we also want you to feel comfortable and confident in your safety when you visit our team, and we hope these safety measures help ease any of your worries.
More About Pre-Screening
One of our new safety measures is the pre-screening of patients before their appointment and when they come into the office. When you set your appointment, a member of our team will contact you via text or phone and request that you review our pre-screening questions before you come in, then, at your check-in, they will ask the same questions a second time to ensure there have not been any changes in you or your child’s health.
The pre-screening questions are as follows:
- Has anyone in your household been sick in the past 14 days?
- Has anyone in your household come in contact with any COVID-19 positive patients in the past 14 days?
- Is anyone currently in quarantine or awaiting a COVID-19 test result?
If you or your child have answered Yes to any of the above questions, our team will help you reschedule your appointment a minimum of two weeks into the future. We want to thank you for your cooperation, though this may pose an inconvenience, and for your help in ensuring the safety and well-being of all our patients and staff.
Your Safety and Comfort Are Our Top Priorities
We understand that change can be uncomfortable and some of our new safety measures may seem inconvenient. We hope knowing what to expect when you visit will help you and your child feel more comfortable and aware of the care and concern we put into making your visits to our office positive ones.
If you have any questions regarding these safety measures, or our pediatric dental care in general, feel free to call our Peoria office at 309.690.3368 or our Washington office at 309.694.3368. You can also email us at [email protected], and we will be glad to help. Helping our patients understand their dental health, and how our office works, is one of the highlights of our job.
Thank you for trusting Just Kidz Dentistry with your child’s dental health. We value you and your child as patients in our practice, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Christa Y. Spates, DDS
Krupa Jani, DMD
& Just Kidz Dentistry Team Members