For the past 17 years, we have been making infection control and patient safety a top priority for our patients and our team members. As things have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have put into place new infection control measures recommended by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), the American Dental Association® (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We have implemented these changes to provide a safe and secure environment and experience for you and your child.
At Your Next Visit …
The dental appointment experience will include new health protocols. These changes will include:
- Pre-screening. Our team members will communicate with you prior to your appointment to review our prescreening questions for COVID-19. You and your child will be asked these same questions again when you come for your appointment to ensure there have been no changes in you or your child’s health. Our screening questionnaire can also be found on this page.
- Curbside check-in. Upon arrival, you will text us at the designated text number for that office. Our staff will confirm with you that you can come in, or we may ask you to wait for a few minutes to assure social distancing and to allow us to thoroughly sanitize the treatment areas/rooms to protect you and your child.
- Pre-appointment. You will be asked to use hand sanitizer.
- We are limiting the number of people that enter the building. Therefore, only one parent or guardian may accompany the patient to their appointment. If you are comfortable with bringing your child in for the screening process and then returning to your car and waiting while they have their appointment, that is fine, and we will contact you when their appointment is completed. If you do accompany your child, you will be asked to wear a protective face mask.
- In our reception area, we have removed all magazines, children’s toys and games, since those items are difficult to clean and sanitize routinely.
- Appointments are being scheduled and managed to allow for proper social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times as well and to reduce the number of patients in any area of our office at one time.
- We have added air purifiers throughout the entire office. These air purifiers help to remove 99.9% of air particles and have HEPA 13 filters in them. They will be running during our day, and they do make noise.
- We also have added increased personal protective equipment (PPE) to our routine and treatment visits. We have incorporated respirators and face shields into our normal PPE along with patient drapes and suction equipment.
- All team members will be screened at the beginning of their shifts.
With these safety measures, we want to not only safeguard your and our health: We want you to feel confident and comfortable when you and your child come to see us at Just Kidz Dentistry.
Health Screening Before and Prior to Your Appointment
As we mentioned above, prior to your appointment, we will be contacting you either by text or phone to review our prescreening information as well as reviewing screening questions related to COVID-19. When you and your child come in for the appointment, we will ask the same health questions again to ensure there have been no health changes to report.
Here are the health questions you will see on our questionnaire:
- Do you have a cough?
- Do you have a fever now or have you in the past 14 to 21 days?
- Have you come in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients in the past 14 days?
- Are you experiencing shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Are you experiencing other flu-like symptoms, such as gastrointestinal upset, headache or fatigue?
- Have you experienced recent loss of taste or smell?
- Are you over the age of 60?
- Do you have heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, diabetes or any autoimmune disorders?
- Have you traveled in the past 14 days to any regions affected by COVID-19 (as relevant to your location)?
Any positive responses (YES) to any of these questions will result in the rescheduling of the appointment for a minimum of two weeks. While we understand this is an inconvenience to be rescheduled, it again is for the safety and well-being of all patients and staff members.
Your Child’s and Your Health, As Well As Comfort, Are Our Primary Concern
We all know that changes of any kind to our routines or expectations, and we have all experienced them recently, can be uncomfortable. We are taking this time to share some of these changes you and your child may experience at their visit so there is more comfort when you come in for the next appointment. Please know that our hope is to make visits comfortable and that patients feel appreciated and know the concern we have for their dental health and well-being as well as feeling safe and confident coming to our office.
If you have any questions about our changes or in general, please just give us a call at Peoria (309-690-3368) or Washington (309-694-3368) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be glad to answer any questions or explain anything to you.
Also, when you are in for your child’s next appointment and you have questions, please just ask one of our team members. We love helping all of our patients understand their dental health and how our office works to provide the best care in the safest environment possible.
Thank you for trusting Just Kidz Dentistry with your child’s dental health. We value you and your child as patients in our practice, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Christa Y. Spates, DDS
Krupa Jani, DMD
Just Kidz Dentistry Team Members